The following principles guide the way we work:
At British Gas, we put Safety, Health and Wellbeing, at the heart of
what we do.
- We believe that all work related injuries and occupational illnesses can be prevented
- We ensure that we have the skills and knowledge to work in a safe and healthy way
- We lead by example and hold each other accountable
- In addition, we place special emphasis on:
- Safeguarding employee and contractor safety and health
- Minimising the risk of a major accident in our business.
- We work with each other and our suppliers, contractors, franchisees and customers to achieve our vision
- We learn from our successes and from incidents and share what we learn
This policy is a key part of our strategy and is reviewed on a regular basis by the Centrica Executive Committee. We maintain a comprehensive management system to ensure that we comply with all relevant legislation; continually improve our performance; and meet externally verifiable standards as well as the internal standards we set ourselves. Details of the organisation and arrangements for executing this policy are included in our business management systems.