To deliver this vision we are committed to understanding, managing and reducing the environmental and ecological impacts of our activities through innovation, technology and cultural change. This commitment means:
At British Gas, our vision is caring for Britain today, leading for a smarter energy future.
- Using our resources efficiently and reducing waste
- Developing renewable and low-carbon energy sources, products and services
- Encouraging our customers to move towards a low carbon future by helping them make informed decisions about the use of our products and services
- Encouraging our suppliers, contractors, franchisees and business partners to pursue responsible environmental practices
- Taking proactive steps to reduce our own carbon emissions as we undertake our business activities
- Publishing regular performance reports and openly discussing our
environmental performance with internal and external stakeholders.
This policy is a key part of our strategy and is reviewed on a regular basis by the Centrica Executive Committee.
We will implement comprehensive environmental management systems in all our business activities and attain
certification to ISO14001 or equivalent in our servicing and installation operations to ensure that we comply with
environmental legislation, regulations and other applicable requirements. We will follow a process of continual
improvement and communicate on our performance measures, objectives and targets to prevent pollution and
reduce the environmental impact of our activities on an ongoing basis.
Details of the organisation and arrangements for executing this policy are included in our business management